Sunday, November 29, 2009

Things I love...

Some people are so passionate about things they collect, a certain sports team, a hobby... I always wished there was something in my life that I was extreemly over the top passionate about.  I can be a crazy music junkie at times, I can be the biggest fan club of new or obsolete artists that I can see in real life, especially when I know them personally.  Every day I find a new favorite song on the radio but these really aren't passions for me. Tonight however, I realized there are two things you will always find in my house:

1 - Children's Books - My favorite authors are Max Lucado, Ronald Dahl, Shel Silverstein, Maurice Sendak. Some of my favorite books....











2 - Nativity Sets - BUT I am very very picky!  I don't love just random nativity sets.  They have to be unique...I have a beautiful one that was hand made for me in Egypt and Israel and I'm praying that Santa brings me the new Willow Tree Nativity set.  If not I'll just have to buy it!  I saw it at Time Out For Women and I fell in love with it.  Something about Nativity sets really bring the spirit and help me remember what this season is all about!

I know this is a random blog but reading some of your blogs tonight really got me thinking about this!  And really this post is for my Mom AKA "Santa".  We fill out a survey every year of what we want for Christmas things like shoe size, favorite perfume or jewelry, favorite church book, things we need for our car (this year my brother Kyle said gas, pretty sure I'm right there with him).  These are a few things I forgot on my list to Santa simply because I assume you know, so here it is Mom!

2 comments:

Linds said...

I got the new Nativity Set from Willow Tree and I love it! I was hoping they would come out with new pieces this year

Alicia said...

O man I'm going to start getting it piece by piece I think...I haven't decided if I will get if for myself this year or my Mom. She really wants it and she is religious about Nativity sets!