Sunday, August 30, 2009

SHORT LIVED...BUT SO MUCH LEARNED!

So my move to Utah brought on some new changes...new adventures...and a great experience...sometimes we just need to regroup! Here's a few clips from my one month "Visit" to Utah:


15 - Found out the hard way that there is a head side and a foot side to a Beach Chair...


14 - Learned that I am actually pretty fast at running a mile as long as I am going down hill...on my feet...and there are no cars or people sneaking up behind me in the dark...Other then that it's breeze!


13 - Visited Laramie and Realized that although I miss some of the people there...It was time to move on!


12 - Had some Crazy Adventures with my great friend TANYA JOHNSON! We are Twins can I say more?!?! I am sure there is much more to come where this has begun...


11 - Went to a Dial family Reunion that I haven't been too in years and was re-united with family I haven't seen forever! I'm going to be so much better at keeping in touch with people in my life!


10 - Dealt with a broken down car, some pink tools, and a frustrated Dad trying to tell me how to fix it over the phone...Ah the stresses of life!


9 - Realized that our lives change, and people change...and That what you do with your life is only 1/4Th the equation...the other 3/4Th's is who you do it with!


8 - Received $250 in flight Vouchers - Detroit...HERE I COME!


7 - Got to see my Cousin Tyler who I love to death! Even if it was only a 20 minute drive from the Airport to my house it was definitely needed!


6 - Had an incredible heart to heart with my roommate who I've only known for four weeks but realized there is a reason for everything...even a VERY SHORT move to Utah!


5 - Went to the Days of 47 Rodeo with Kyle, Addie, Kim (my roommate) and Some of Kyle's friends...realized that a secret part of me loves Cowboys and nothin' beats the Cody Night Rodeo! Not even a light show and fire in the arena!


4 - Shared Doughnuts and Chewy Gobstoppers with some super hot Construction boys while stuck in a 45 minute traffic jam!


3 - Sat in Traffic for an hour and a half while they cleaned up a wreck on Bangerter Highway. Yep I was definitely late for work and I can't tell you how much I miss the days of 1 stop light towns!


2 - Shaved my head in honor of my friends and clients who have fought and are still fighting Cancer. It's hair, it grows back and as one friend said..."I think every woman should do it once in their lives, it shows them that their identity is not in their hair!" If it is in your hair you might want to re-think things...you could very likely be the next to lose it... Besides wigs are actually the way to go...it takes 10 minutes to get ready and your hair is already done for you! Can't beat that!...(Kathy Enos - I told you I would do it!)


1 - Realized how important family is to me and that in the end it's all you've got! I can't wait to hang out with my parents for a while in Good Old Cody Wyoming! Yes mom I would love to give you a pedicure once a week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Best of luck in Cody and thanks for sharing all those things! :) Love you!

Shelby Asay said...

You totally need to post a picture of your no hair and all the wigs! I so excited!Your moving from utah! You crazy girl you remind me of myself! Oh I love you lic! Keep in contact!

Jamie said...

Lish- Have I ever told you you're my favorite!?!? So glad you are going to Cody- is Phoenix on the way?? Gotta figure out how to get you down here! Love ya!

Holbrook's said...

Ok so I am a jerk! I never even got to hang out while you were "visiting" Thanks for posting my quote!! You should have let me know you were really doing it, I would have totally done it with you!! Please post some pics!!

Snidbits said...

I love that you shaved your head. My roommate did that for breast cancer as well. She looked beautiful! I think that's awesome that a hairstylist can do that!

Alicia said...

K ladies!...Check out my newest blog...there's the pics! :) Thanks for all your support I love and miss you all!