Monday, May 18, 2009

Ever Feel like your living your own mini-series of the Bachelorette meets the Bachelor in a head collision...

Seriously I wonder why we do it to ourselves...it's like we run around jumping from dress rehearsal to dress rehearsal waiting for someone to tell us we are perfect for their show...you know...waiting for the "First Impression Rose" or just receiving a rose so you aren't one of the few sent home packing for yet another trip down "I just bore my soul to one more person I thought was going to be the last person but turned out to be my best friends sister's eternal companion because I keep drawing the 'friend card'!" Seriously...if any of you watch the Bachelorette I need you to know that Jillian is my IDOL! Really...who FALLS IN LOVE and bounces back in SIX months...this is a reality show right? The famous quote of this season is..."Your going to have to slay alot of dragons to get to prince charming but in the end you will realize how worth it, it was, because the dragons help you realize what you really want!"

Why don't we, in life as women, still treat ourselves like we are princesses and we aren't waiting for someone to "choose" us but we are literally the chooser. HELLO doesn't this make so much more sense...Jillian has it made...thank heaven's the last guy she chose didn't choose her...she would have never met Kiptyn, Jake, Wes, Juan, Mathue, David, or Ed...seriously I won't name all 30.

However...we still know that in all the guys that are on the show...there are three with girlfriends...one that just wants to be 'the next bachelor'...one that is secretly in love with his step mom and one that has a family living in another city that we don't know about...JUST Kidding on the last two...that would be the story of my TWILIGHT Life as my brother puts it! Either way after watching the Premier of the Bachelor tonight I realized three things...I love men that like to wear cowboy hats, I love men that will write me songs and play the guitar, and I love men that will speak to me in foreign languages...not because I know what they are saying but because I can make up what they are saying and believe every word of it even if it is really bad pronunciation (that's for you Glen) because quite honestly...it's just for everyone Else's entertainment anyway on National TV or the chick that works in the cubical next to you...Just another beautiful part to the crazy humor we as humans like to add to our lives just to keep it "real"!

If you wonder what I'm going to be doing every Monday night at 8 let me tell you now...I will be sitting on my butt, watching Jillian prance around in her beautiful princes dresses, with her borrowed jewelry, and perfect manicure. Her precisely curled hair and perfect personal trainer body. I will be picturing myself in the dress (trying to tap into the "secret" of "The Secret") while I am eating Nachos and Ice Cream...why do I do it?...because the hopeful romantic in me tells me that life is so much easier if lived vicariously through someone Else's dragon slaying experiences, of which I could probably be the trail guide! It takes a pretty confidant woman to entertain a room full of primarily successful men and have them all still be madly in love with her when she doesn't give them a rose at the end ceremony...and guys thought that only us girls were crazy! ABC just proved them all wrong!

To all my married friends...Sorry You didn't get to experiance this longer!

PS I swear there was a guy on it tonight who was in my EFY group...he was the only one using phrases like "crap", "like", "your family feels like my family" (without ever meeting them), and who didn't try to seduce her with a glass of wine and for the most part looked extreemly comfortable in his suit.

3 comments:

Jessica & Paul said...

oooh Alicia I love you.. That was some great reading! Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

That would be hilarious if he was the guy from your EFY group!

Jamie said...

Guess what I'm doing Monday nights at 8??? Same! I have Ben sold on watching too... why? Because we are still hopeless romantics or just hoping the best for our girl Jill! Ha:) Anyway, if you want to bring your ice cream butt over some time, Ben will park his nacho butt with us:) Good times!